Reactive Dog Training
Set your pup up for success.
Our human world has a lot going on, and all that busyness can be challenging and scary for a dog. We’ve developed training especially geared towards helping prepare dogs for success in the urban environment.
This training program starts with a session about understanding reactivity that covers everything you need to know about dog behaviour and communication before tackling the hands-on class work. Finally, we'll work to apply and build the skills taught in the hustle and bustle of often unpredictable urban settings.
Not sure what training program to enroll in? Or does your dog have a bite history? Book a consult with one of our certified trainers to help determine what program is best for your dog!
Our programs available 24/7:
- Work at your own pace for a low monthly cost.
- Options for virtual learning, guidance from our trainers for your dog's progression and private coaching sessions.
- An online community of support and resources
- Also on an app so you have training on any device!
In-person classes to gain hands-on help and socialization:
- Classes available at Chinook only.
- Purchase class passes when you register or through the membership.
- Attend classes at your convenience. Manage your own registrations online.
Interested in on-site training?
All dogs start off in our group classes at the Foundations Confidence level to ensure that we are setting them up for success and building their confidence from early on. Once they're ready, they will move onto the next level: Foundations Focus. The on-site classes take place as follows:
Chinook location only
- Reactive UrbanK9 Foundations Confidence: Every Monday & Wednesday at 6:30pm
- Reactive UrbanK9 Foundations Focus: Every Monday & Wednesday at 7:30pm
What to expect from the class:
- Understand reactivity and what your dog's behaviour means
- Gain a solid base set of obedience skills (commands like "Sit", "Drop It", recall, loose-leash walking, polite greetings and much more)
- Focus on building your dog's confidence around handling, people, and other dogs
- Understand how to set your dog up for success
- Online progression tracking for your dog
- Graduation certificate upon completion of the program
These group classes are exclusive to our members. Choose from one of our membership levels below and add on a five-class pass on-site training package for only $175 + GST to start your training journey today! After you sign up for an on-site training package, we will send you a confirmation email within 1 business day with more details about registering for classes through our client portal.
We have a lot of dogs that want to learn.
Please be aware that our classes are in high demand and we do sometimes have a waitlist. If you would like to attend classes with your dog, we recommend signing up and making your reservations in advance. Please note that to be added to our waitlist you will still need to sign up for a membership and class passes. Our memberships allows you to start training right away through our comprehensive online programs and virtual classes, clinics and Ask-A-Trainer sessions (virtual options available for Smart & Top Dog Members only.)
Online Reactive Dog Training
Prefer to learn online? Go with the one-time online program for lifetime access to our basic Reactive Dog Training course content and learn at your own pace in the comfort of your home.
*Please note this course is online-only and does not include access to on-site training.
We'd love to hear from you
Email: [email protected]